The Platteville Business Incubator has a 400 sq. ft. kitchen equipped with:
- 4 Burner, Flat-top Grill, Double Oven Thermater Range
- 14 ft. of Stainless Steel Prep Tables
- Double Fryer
- Convection Oven
- Heat Lamp and Tray
- 8 Qt. Kitchenaid Mixer
- Commericial Meat Slicer
- Commercial True Fridge
- 3 Basin Stainless Steel Sink
PBII Entrance Policy
The following guidelines will be considered for admission of tenants to PBII:
- Enough funding to pay for space and services.
- Potential for growth.
- Potential for job creation.
- Business plan or business plan framework.
- For-profit business preferred. Non-profits will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The business is suitable to the area and to the incubator.
- They are seeking an entrepreneurial community that will provide advice and counsel.
Applications are reviewed by the Board of Directors on an ongoing basis.
PBII Graduation Policy
It is the policy of the PBII Board of Directors to graduate tenant businesses within three to five years of entering the incubator. However, the Board will review tenants on a case-by-case basis to determine what is in the best interest of the client and the economic interests and mission of the incubator.
PBII Investments and Expectations
We invest by offering:
- Low cost office, manufacturing and kitchen space
- Business planning assistance
- Business coaching and mentorship
- Low interest loans
- Networking opportunities
In exchange for our investment, we expect our participating businesses to:
- Develop and regularly update a business plan
- Seek out and participate in business coaching (with the understanding that they have final authority and responsibility for their business)
- Report periodically on requested metrics
- Commit to launching the business into the Platteville community
Available Revolving Loan Funds
Tenants of the Platteville Business Incubator are eligible to apply for low-cost, short-term loans during the first three years of their lease. These funds can be used for startup costs, working capital or professional services. The loan term of 3 years or less allows the tenant to obtain financing while at the incubator, build credit and pay off the loan prior to incubator graduation.